Now that you know what is Case Management, why you need it (part I of this article) and how it is in action (part II of this article), let’s see the non-negotiable characteristics of a Case Management solution that help you work, save, serve and decide better. Finally, we’ll show you how Case Management success looks like with the Vodacom story.
If your organization does case work with old technology, worksheets or paper-based working tools you are more exposed to risk than you’re aware. With the absolute overflow of data generated today and the multiple processes that typically must be managed for any particular case, if you’re not using modern technology or not working with someone that helps you deal with it, the case-backed decisions you’re making may be incomplete, inaccurate, or both.
3 essential characteristics of a Case Management solution that can make the result of your case work as impactful as you believe it to be:
Easy to use… easy to change.
- Simple interface and non-galactic services for faster work.
- Make sure anyone can use your Case Management solution without training. You want technology and procedures easily adaptable to how your case workers get things done… not force them to adapt to the technology or to change the way they are used to work to prevent “blocking” movements or “rebellions”.
- Collaboration for added context.
- Collaborate on case events and share information for added context about any situation. Case workers need to receive case updates, collaborate, and initiate tasks and actions, all in one place, and they’ll get more done, more quickly, speeding your path to the right answers.
- On-demand reports for ultimate visibility.
- Easy-to-read reports need to be available on-demand for immediate visibility to case status. It should stream real-time data to reports, dashboards, and even event feeds in context with business rules to deliver insights and prompt actions.
Manage any type of case work.
- Dynamic processes for complex decision-making.
- Case management products and services should handle dynamic and ad hoc processes through event management, rules, and process capabilities. Support complex event processing scenarios and route case events automatically for review and action.
- Rules and policies that adapt to changing environments.
- Adherence to business policies and procedures is important. Case management products and services should seamlessly tie together process and data, allowing the creation and management of business rules, and empowering knowledge workers to make immediate changes to their business processes so they can adapt to any situation.
- Real-time case analytics and reports should be available so that case workers and managers can have immediate case visibility in any situation, no matter what changes.
United you will win.
- Converge all information
- Allow case workers to have immediate access to the most current and complete information, not search for it. Take advantage of powerful integration to converge information across all systems so knowledge workers get the complete picture, all in one place.
- Work anywhere, anytime, with enterprise mobility
- Make sure information can be accessed and work can be accomplished on any device so case work can be just as effective in the field as in the office.
- Address any circumstance with flexible deployment models
- In today’s connected world, there should be no reason to have to choose between a cloud or on-premise solution. Make sure your chosen Case Management solution is available in, and very important, portable between, any environment.
These are just some of the characteristics and components to be mindful of when you believe your current Case Management system, whether paper, email, spreadsheets, or an off-the-shelf legacy solution, is good enough.
Our world is changing. Technology and professional services have advanced more in the past 4 years than in the previous thirty.
In a world where change is the new normal, how can you prepare for whatever comes next?
Don’t rely on how it’s been done in the past. Connect with the latest technology and devices; work with the best professionals and use the best BPO – Shared services centres, so your case workers always have the most modern capabilities, time and knowledge to manage their case work.
How does Case Management success look like? The Vodacom story.
To end this 3-parts article, let’s see how Vodacom DRC has used Papersoft’s Case Management technology and professional shared services successfully to address their challenges.
With the ever-growing amount of information, complex business processes, sales pressure and evolving regulations, case work today is tough. The massive amount of information can be impossible to navigate. And unless process discipline is in place, replicating positive results can be difficult. Additionally, many discount the context that can be gleaned from collaboration.
Vodacom, a leading organization in the telecommunications area has taken advantage of Papersoft Case Management technology and shared services to achieve demonstrated success.
Here is Vodacom DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) story.
About Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom): Vodacom is an African mobile telecommunications company, providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 55 million customers. From its roots in South Africa, Vodacom has grown its operations to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, and Lesotho and provides business services to customers in over 40 African countries such as Nigeria, Zambia, Angola, Kenya, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, and Cameroon. The South African telecommunications group Telkom and the British mobile phone operator Vodafone owns it.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Audit trail.
- Eliminate paper based SIM registration forms.
- Improve process visibility.
- Increase sales.
- Reduce order to cash time (O2C).
- Sales activity monitoring and reporting on a native mobile app and decentralized search, retrieve and monitor environment (web portal).
- Many compliance requirements.
- Regulator and government deadlines.
- Largely paper-based.
- Lack of control of the on-the-field sales process.
- Competitive pressure to increase sales.
- Vast geographic branches and dispersed sales field agents.
- “Less-instructed” sales agents base.
- Limited network and communication environment.
- Off-line record submission.
- Device image capture requirements.
- New, electronic (native mobile app) SIM card registration form rolled out in 4 weeks reducing paper usage and improved sales relations.
- 300% measured productivity and compliance gains across global sales workforce.
- Records converged all individual SIM registration case information in a single digital location, eliminating time spent searching for the most current data.
- Automated audit trails increased transparency, achieving regulatory compliance.
- More than 7.000 sales field agents are using the mobile app on their own devices reducing hardware and maintenance costs.
- More than 20.000 transactions/sales per day.
- More than 7.300.000 transactions/sales per year.
- 89% reduction on the registration time comparing to paper-based forms registration, validation and searching process (from 45 to 5 minutes).
- Additional 4.860.000 total hours saved from eliminated registration, validation, and search based on paper based forms.
- Additional 695 hours saved per user from eliminated paper registration, validation, and search based on paper based forms.
Your success is our success! Papersoft received Vodacom Chief Executive Officer’s award for Excellence!
“In appreciation for outstanding achievement and excellence in contributing to the success of Vodacom, far beyond all expectations, it’s with great pleasure that we announce Papersoft as Vodacom’s 2016 business partner of the year.”
- Mohamed Shameel Aziz Joosub – Chief Executive Officer and executive director of Vodacom Group – Chairman of the Vodacom Group Executive Committee & Vodacom (Pty) Limited
– Would you like to see a case management solution in action? If so, ask us for a demo!
– Subscribe to our blog to receive valuable insights about document management and paper-free processes.
– Download the Free Industry Watch Report by AIIM and Papersoft “Paper-free progress: measuring outcomes”. And then see how paper-free is improving productivity, accessibility, and compliance. Also the progress you’ve made and how your organization compares to others!